Reporting to the Accountant (Accounts Payable), the Senior Accounts Assistant (AP) will support the Line Manager to ensure AP function operates in compliance with financial policies, procedures and control, as well as to provide support to maintain the operational efficiency of the team as a whole.
This role is responsible for the processing of the day-to-day financial transaction, including verifying, classifying, recording and reconciling Accounts Payable data.
· Monitor Trip Advance and ensure prompt settlement
· Perform Intercampus reconciliation for both PO and Non PO invoices
· Perform Vendor Master, Purchase Order, Goods Receipt and Fixed Asset reconciliation
· Ensure suppliers’ invoices and credit notes are processed on a daily basis, accounted for and properly recorded
· Ensure accuracy in the cost center and accounts assignment when processing payments
· Validate purchase by performing 3 way system matching of invoice, purchase order and receiving. Review, reconcile and resolve the invoice discrepancies
· Process and verify employee expense report in compliance with Travel and Expense policy
· Provide support to the Account Receivable team to execute the refund transaction for students
· Process and reconcile other transaction e.g. credit card, petty cash and pocket money
· Execution of the vendor payment runs based on payment schedule
· Review and process daily urgent payment request as and when needed
· Vendor Master Maintenance - Liaise with supplier to provide vendor creation form, update bank details in ERP system
· Employee Master Maintenance
· Review and reconcile vendor’s SOA
Monthly Closing and Reporting:
· Monthly update of AP KPI
· Ensure timely and accurate AP month end and year end closing
· Assist in preparing aging report and accruals listing
· Timely filing of withholding tax
· Purchase Order related report
System Implementation and Enhancement:
· Provide support in the master data validation for new system, participate in User Acceptance Testing, assist in preparing test data, identify possible test scenario, document down the test results, and provide support for other project activities if required
· Perform other administrative duties e.g. Filing, sorting out incoming mails and responding to vendor and other stakeholder’s queries
· Minimum ACCA Level 2 / Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent
· At least 4 year accounts payable or general accounting experience
· Prior experience in the participation of new AP or Finance system rollout will be a bonus
· Knowledge of SAGE Finance systems is preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
· Attention to detail and accuracy, proficient in data entry and management
· Excellent communication skills and team player mindset to collaborate with team member and functional departments
· Ability to organize, prioritise and multi-tasking
· Problem identification and solving skills ability to initiate appropriate actions
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.