The Marketing and Events Senior Executive is responsible for driving elements of and supporting the overall effective implementation of the UWCSEA 50th Anniversary Programme at the College in 2021–2022. He/she will support the Senior Manager (Projects and Planning) by conceiving and executing activities that share the story of the 50th anniversary with internal and external stakeholders. This includes overseeing and managing the events calendar, coordinating key stakeholders, managing flagship events and creating and distributing PR and marketing content through various internal and external media channels. The Marketing and Events Senior Executive ensures that execution of activities is fully aligned with the goals and key messages of the 50th anniversary and the overall College brand.
The primary goal of the Marketing and Events Senior Executive is to work with the Senior Manager (Projects and Planning) of the Anniversary Programme to launch and implement a well-coordinated and high-spirited celebration at the College.
- Generate and implement creative ideas for the anniversary programme that are aligned with the College strategy and branding
- Support the execution of the programme by coordinating with staff and suppliers, sourcing and producing materials, following work schedules while maintaining a professional and positive environment for everyone; work with the team and independently to resolve issues as they arise
- Manage key events from conception through to set-up and coordination including welcoming VIP guests and running the programme to ensure it is smoothly executed, with child safeguarding in mind
- Generate content to support storytelling, using College and external channels to spread the stories of the 50th anniversary; provide a strong, positive impression of the College
- Contribute to finding resources to ensure the activities are achieved to the highest quality and within budget
- A relevant university degree
- Minimum 5 years in a marketing/event management role in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organised with the ability to project manage all aspects of the anniversary programmes (e.g., event promotion, exhibitions, collateral materials, events and dinners, forums, decorations, corporate gifts and so on) for the whole College community including external partners (e.g., dignitaries, government, service organisations, education professionals)
- Outstanding communications skills in English with the ability to inform, manage and inspire diverse audiences. Writing, presentation and multi-lingual skills are a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, able to multi-task and highly independent
- Team player with a willingness to be involved in all aspects of the anniversary programme and working with the whole community including staff, students, alumni, partners
- High energy, enthusiastic personality and a strong work ethic as an individual contributor and collaborative team player, requiring minimum supervision. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends where necessary
- Positive and flexible, responsive with a can-do attitude and a creative approach to solving problems
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.