Reporting to the Accountant (Accounts Payable), the Accounts Assistant (AP) will support the Line Manager to ensure AP function operates in compliance with financial policies, procedures and control, as well as to provide support to maintain the operational efficiency of the team as a whole.
This role is responsible for the processing of the day-to-day financial transaction, including verifying, classifying, recording and reconciling Accounts Payable data.
· Ensure suppliers’ invoices and credit notes are processed on a daily basis, accounted for and properly recorded
· Ensure accuracy in the cost center and accounts assignment when processing payment
· Validate purchase by performing 3 way system matching of invoice, purchase order and receiving. Review, reconcile and resolve the invoice discrepancies
· Process and verify employee expense report in compliance with Travel and Expense policy
· Provide support to the Account Receivable team to execute the refund transaction for students
· Process and reconcile other transaction e.g. credit card, petty cash and pocket money
· Execution of the vendor payment runs based on payment schedule
· Process daily urgent payment request as and when needed
· Vendor Master Maintenance - Liaise with supplier to provide vendor creation form, update bank details in ERP system
· Employee Master Maintenance
· Reconcile vendor’s SOA
Monthly Closing and Reporting:
· Assist in preparing AP monthly report such as AP KPI
System Implementation and Enhancement:
· Participate in User Acceptance Testing for new system, document down the test results and provide support for other project activities if required
· Perform other administrative duties e.g. Filing, sorting out incoming mails and responding to vendor and other stakeholder’s queries
· Minimum LCCI or CAT
· At least 1 year accounts payable or general accounting experience with basic bookkeeping and accounting skills.
· Fresh graduate is welcome.
· Prior experience in UAT testing will be a bonus
· Knowledge of SAGE Finance systems will be a bonus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office application especially Excel
· Attention to detail and accuracy, proficient in data entry and management
· Excellent communication skills and team player mindset to collaborate with team member and functional departments
· Ability to organize, prioritise and multi-tasking
· Problem identification and solving skills ability to initiate appropriate actions
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.