UWCSEA's Concept-Based Curriculum
At UWCSEA, our concept-based curriculum is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and understandings that will challenge our students to make their education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
Students experience a one-of-a-kind education. Through exposure to the five elements of our Learning Programme,—Academics, Activities, Outdoor Education, Personal and Social Education and Service—they:
- Learn to think independently, laterally and critically about the world
- Form an understanding of sustainable development, integral to the UWC mission
- Develop cultural awareness, through language learning and College diversity
- Recognise complexity and the interconnectedness of issues
- Are prepared to lead and act with integrity in a globalised, rapidly changing world