Asia-Pacific IB DP Design Technology Teacher Forum
The aim of this teacher forum at UWCSEA East Campus, Singapore is Collaboration of effective strategies for concept based teaching and learning of upcoming new IB Design Technology guide. The teacher forum plans to include representation from the IB DP DT Curriculum Development Manager - Andrew Mayes, members of the Curriculum Review Team, and experienced IB DP DT teachers.
This event is being organised by John Zobrist (Head of Design, UWCSEA East, Singapore) and Dr. Lisa-Dionne Morris, Chief Examiner DT IB, Associate Professor, Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation, University of Leeds, UK.
Sessions being planned for the event include:
- Internal Assessment (Design Project)
- Practical workshops (techniques for graphical, physical and digital prototyping)
- New syllabus topics and assessment model
- Sharing good practice on existing topics
- Contribute to DT resources development
Who should attend: IB DP DT teachers and teaching assistants
When: Friday-Saturday, 5-6 June 2020
Where: UWCSEA East Campus
Fees: S$ 350 *
*Fees include workshop materials, if any, lunch, and snacks.
Hotel: If you need accommodation when you attend this event, please consider getting your room from the Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy.
- You may email H3610-SL3@accor.com and H3610-SL5@accor.com directly to access the UWCSEA corporate rate of S$200++ (single) and $215++ (double).
- This also provides you with a complimentary upgrade to the Deluxe Room.
- Daily buffet breakfast and WiFi are provided as part of the rate.
- Complimentary shuttle bus is also available from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport.
- Shuttle bus is also available from the hotel to UWCSEA East Campus and from UWCSEA East Campus back to the hotel.