Applications for August 2019
Thank you for your interest in joining UWCSEA
Applications for the coming academic year (August 2019) opened in September 2018. As of March 2019, we have been able to offer or allocate places for the majority of available places in most grades on both campuses. We are in the process of communicating with families who have already submitted an application about these places.
We anticipate having a very limited number of remaining places to fill before the start of the next academic year, and in many grades and for our boarding community, we have a large number of eligible applicants already able to accept any place that becomes available. We understand that families need certainty when planning schooling for their children, and therefore, where there is almost no possibility that a place will become available between now and the start of the school year, we are not accepting further applications.
We are still accepting applications for day student places to start in August 2019 in a limited number of grades, and for a January 2020 start in K1-Grade 8. Please contact our Admissions team prior to submitting an application for August 2019 in any of the following grades:
- Dover Campus: Grade 7 and Grade 10 (Foundation IB) day students
- East Campus: K1, Grade 4, Grade 9, Grade 10 (Foundation IB) and Grade 11 day students
To check which grade your child would be applying for, please refer to this age-grade chart.
Note on current academic year: we are no longer able to accept applications for the current academic year (for entry until June 2019) as all available places are allocated
The following admissions policies are very important:
- all day students must reside with at least one parent who is living in Singapore and is present for at least 90% of each term. Students applying to Grade 8 and above must apply to the boarding house if neither parent will be residing in Singapore
- In line with Singapore Government regulations that require Singaporean Citizens to attend MOE schools, we accept applications from Singaporean Citizens applying to Grade 1 and above and only in limited circumstances. Please contact Admissions before submitting an application if your child is a Singapore Citizen, or may become a citizen during the application cycle.
- once a place is accepted, it is not possible to transfer campuses
- ensure that you provide all information relating to your child's learning or that might impact your child's ability to progress in all elements of our learning programme
Applications can only be made via our online application system. This User Guide to the application system outlines the documentation required. This timeline explains what happens after you have submitted an application.