Make an Application
We accept applications for the coming school year, one year in advance and do not keep a rolling waitlist. Applications open on 1 September each year for entry in August of the following year.
Our annual cycle is similar to many national school systems (although ours is not first-come, first-served) or a university application process. In August each year, we add an additional 22 places in most grades, and as ours is a largely expatriate community, we often have places created by those families who are leaving Singapore.
All applicants who meet our entry criteria are considered for one of the available places. If demand for places exceeds the number of students we can enrol, we determine how we allocate the available places to based on our commitment to diversity.
UWCSEA follows the northern hemisphere school year, with school running from mid-August to late June of the following year.
- Does UWCSEA have a waitlist?
- Is one campus easier to get into than the other?
- Is there a benefit in applying earlier in the application cycle? Why would I apply in September rather than wait until January?
- Can I apply to both campuses - will that improve my chance of being offered a place?
- Can we transfer between campuses?
- Is it true that because you prioritise siblings, single children have no chance of getting in?
- Why don’t you open applications for K2 at the Dover Campus? How will I know if a place opens up?
- Is UWCSEA a selective school?
- Is it true that some students are asked to leave after Grade 10 because the school thinks they will not do well enough in the IB Diploma Programme?
- Am I able to defer an offered place?
- If I am unsuccessful in gaining a place, when can I reapply?
- We are not moving until after your school year has started—can we apply?