User guide: UWCSEA application system
- Step 1: Collect your documentation
- Step 2: Create your user account
- Step 3: Complete the application form
- Step 4: Application acknowledgement
- Step 5: Application processing and timelines
Applications are submitted in English. Our holistic application process means the application form is designed to be completed by a parent or legal guardian. While we understand that non-English speaking parents might engage an agent or other third party to assist them, parents are responsible for ensuring that all information supplied (by themselves or by the third party) is complete and accurate.
We'd also like to highlight these key policies to help you gather the information needed to support your child's application:
- Immigration status and residency
- Information for Singapore citizens
- Entry criteria
- Boarding applicants
- age-grade placement guidelines
- Information for dual applicants
- English as an additional language applicants
- Learning Support applicants
Documents and formats
- Reports: to complete an application, reports in English from the last two school years (including the most recently completed term) and any specialist reports need to be uploaded into the application system. If reports are not entirely in English, please provide a notarised translation. We are not able to assess or progress with the application without a complete set of reports, translated if necessary.
Photograph: JPEG only
All other documents: PDF only
- File sizes: no one file can exceed 1MB except for reports where the maximum file size is 10MB
We require all applications to be completed in English, and that supporting documentation, if not entirely in English, be accompanied by a notarised translation.
- your child’s birth certificate or, if born in Singapore, their Registration of Birth
- a recent, passport-style photo of your child (JPEG format)
- the picture page(s) of your child’s passport(s)
- your child’s Immigration Pass (both sides), if residing in Singapore
- a copy of the Immigration Pass card delivery letter indicating the issue and expiry dates of the card (newer cards do not include this detail), if residing in Singapore
- if applicable, court-order or custody documents
- full academic reports from the school(s) your child attended in the last two (2) years, including the report for most recent term. Each set of reports should be uploaded as a single document rather than uploading each page separately
- any specialist reports relating to your child’s learning, such as an assessment completed by an educational psychologist, occupational therapist or speech and language therapist
- if your child is applying to join Grade 6 or above, their handwritten Student Statement. It must be completed by the applicant by hand, then scanned and uploaded with the rest of the required documentation
- any awards or certificates your child has received that you would like us to be aware of
- reports issued since the last application, including reports for the most recent term. We need a complete set of reports for the last two academic years, in addition to any specialist reports
- a revised (new) Student Statement if the child is applying to Grade 6 and above
- If necessary, copies of documents that have changed since the last application i.e., new passport or immigration pass, new or revised court-order or custody documents
You will need an account to login to our online application system, which is bespoke to UWCSEA and does not integrate with external student management systems.
Your account is linked to an email address, and can be used to manage applications for several children.
Note that the email you use to create the account will be used for all correspondence regarding your child's application. We recommend using a primary email address which you regularly access as there is sometimes a very short window for reply.
If your email address has changed since you previously applied, you can retrieve and reactive your previous UWCSEA admissions account at this stage.
If you have a child currently enrolled at the College, to submit an application for the sibling of a current student, you can login using your school-linked UWCSEA-issued parent account.
If you have previously submitted an application, whether for this child or another, and you do not have a child enrolled at the College, please use the User ID used in your previous application. Your username will be the email address you used to create the earlier application. This will allow us to retrieve previously submitted details for review and updating rather than having to start again.
You can retrieve a forgotten username or password/passphrase by selecting either ‘I have forgotten my username’ or ‘I have forgotten my passphrase’.
If you do not have a child enrolled and have not previously submitted an online application to UWCSEA, you will need to create a new account.
To create a new account, you will need to provide an email address and a password. The account activation email and all other communications will be sent to this email address.
After creating the account, you will receive an email with a link that will activate your account. You will not be able to continue with the application until you have completed this step.
To complete an application you will need:
- a fully featured laptop or desktop computer (Windows or Apple) with the latest version of any major browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari); the system is browser-based but not designed for use on tablets or mobile devices.
- a secure, fast and stable Internet connection (public wireless hotspots are not recommended)
- all the supporting documents in the formats outlined in Step 1
online payment option, either via PayNow or using a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) to pay the non-refundable application fee and submit the application for review
- ensure your browser settings allow pop-ups so as to access the payment gateway to process the application fee to submit your application
- you can save an uncompleted form and return to it later (select ‘Save’ on the top right corner of any page), however you will not be able to save a page unless that page is completed fully
- the system logs you out after 20 minutes of inactivity
- there may be short delays as you move from page to page, particularly when you are uploading documents
- we recommend you do not complete the application between 8am and 11am (GMT +8) on weekday mornings, as that is when UWCSEA systems experience the most traffic
The form will take about 60 minutes to complete in one sitting. You will be able to upload documents after you have completed the requested information fields.
You will be able to retrieve and update your previous application. This will take approximately 15–30 minutes depending upon the amount of new information you wish to add. There may be new fields for you to complete; these will be clearly marked, and you should upload new documents if available.
Guidelines for completing the form
This is an opportunity for you to tell us about your child and how you believe they will both benefit from and contribute to life at the College. In keeping with our mission and ethos, we seek to build a diverse student community that represents a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We believe that our students’ learning, interactions, and growth through the five elements of our learning programme is all the more exciting and enriching when they interact with peers who bring a diversity of backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives to campus.
All applications are reviewed to determine whether the applicant will be able to benefit fully from the opportunities offered by UWCSEA learning programme.
Paying the application fee (submitting your application)
When you have completed the form and clicked ‘Submit,’ you will be directed to our online payment gateway to make payment of the application fee. We accept PayNow, or Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit cards.
Each application requires payment of an application fee, which is non-refundable whether or not we are able to offer your child a place. The costs are set out on our fee schedule.
Important note: an application is not submitted for consideration until the application fee has been paid in full
Our Admissions team will email you an acknowledgement within 7-10 days of submission.
Note that the email you used to submit the application will be used for all correspondence regarding your child's application. Please login to your account to update your contact details should your email address change during the application process.
All applications are reviewed against our entry criteria and eligibility is usually determined within a month of an application being submitted.
If additional information is needed, or we feel an assessment will help us to review the application more effectively, this initial review may take longer.
Amending an application
If your email address changes at any point in the application, please update your account immediately.
You can also login to the system to add further documents if requested or as they become available.
Please contact Admissions to change any other details on an application.