UWC South East Asia is a member of the UWC movement. We are a mission-driven organisation with a strong commitment to the educational principles of Kurt Hahn, our founder, and a passionate belief in the importance of education as a force for good in the world.
The UWC movement makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
UWCSEA educational goal
The UWCSEA goal is to educate individuals to embrace challenge and take responsibility for shaping a better world.
UWCSEA will be a leader in international education. We will have a worldwide reputation for providing a challenging, holistic, values-based education with an emphasis upon academic achievement, service to others, environmental stewardship, teamwork and leadership.
The UWCSEA community expects members to:
• be honest and act with integrity
• avoid prejudice by developing views based on evidence, reasoning and understanding
• be compassionate and morally responsible
• embrace challenge in order to maximise their potential
• help other people
• take an interest in and enjoy friendship with people of all cultures and backgrounds
• minimise their harmful impact on the environment
Students, parents, staff, Board members and alumni are all considered to be part of the UWCSEA community.